All agents are NOT alike! Find out why we are top real estate experts. Call us: 540-955-0911.
|Get Free Presentation On Our Home Marketing.
Before signing a contract with any real estate agent, make sure you know EXACTLY how your home will be marketed.
Find Out More >
View All Offers >
Team Roots and Wings
is one of The Top Selling Real Estate Experts
Find Out More >
The Best Mortgage Calculators On the Web!
Please try our Java loan and mortgage calculators. They take a minute to load, but they are worth it!
Each calculator has dynamic graphs and charts that change - right before your eyes - as you enter different information. Try each calculator with different interest rates, loan amounts, and payment schedules.
The mortgage repayment schedule and other reports are fully customizable - just for your home, your interest rate, your loan amount, your taxes, and more.
Would you like a print out, for your records and future reference? Each calculator includes a View Report button. Click it, hit print, and you have a report, customized just for you...
Should You Rent or Buy?
Should you rent or should you buy your home? It takes more than looking at your mortgage payment to answer this question. This calculator helps you weed through the fees, taxes, and monthly payments to help you make a good financial decision. Click the "View Report" button for a detailed look at the results.
- Price of home
- Purchase price of the home you wish to buy.
- Cash on hand
- Cash you have for the down payment and closing costs.
- Interest rate
- The current interest rate you can receive on your mortgage.
- Term in years
- The number of years over which you will repay this loan.
- Property tax rate
- Your property tax rate. 1% for a $100,000 home equals $1,000 per year in property taxes.
- Home insurance rate
- Your homeowner's insurance rate. 0.5% for a $100,000 home equals $500 per year for homeowner's insurance.
- Loan origination rate
- The percentage the lending institution charges for its origination fee. 1% for a $100,000 home equals $1,000.
- Points paid
- The total number of points paid to reduce the interest rate of your mortgage. Each point costs 1% of your mortgage balance.
- Other closing costs
- Estimate of all other closing costs for this loan. This should include filing fees, appraiser fees and any other miscellaneous fees paid.
- Total closing costs
- Total upfront costs to close your loan. This is the sum of the loan origination fee, amount paid for points and other closing costs.
- Total for down payment
- Total funds remaining for down payment.
- Mortgage amount
- Total amount of loan.
- Investment return
- The rate of return you could receive if you invested your closing costs and down payment instead of purchasing a home.
The actual rate of return is largely dependant on the type of investments you select. From January 1970 to December 2003, the average compounded rate of return for the S&P; 500, including reinvestment of dividends, was approximately 11.7% per year. During this period, the highest 12-month return was 64%, and the lowest was -39%. Savings accounts at a bank pay as little as 1% or less. It is important to remember that future rates of return can't be predicted with certainty and that investments that pay higher rates of return are subject to higher risk and volatility. The actual rate of return on investments can vary widely over time, especially for long-term investments. This includes the potential loss of principal on your investment.
- Monthly rent payment
- Amount you currently pay for rent per month.
- Income tax rate
- Your current marginal income tax rate.
- Expected inflation rate
- Inflation rate used to adjust amounts subject to annual increases. These amounts include rent, insurance and tax payments.
- Home appreciates at
- Annual appreciation you expect in the home you are purchasing.
- Future sales commission
- The percent of your home's selling price you expect to pay to a broker or real estate agent when you sell your home.
- House payment
- Total of principal, interest, taxes and insurance (PITI) paid per month for your home. Insurance includes Principal Mortgage Insurance (PMI) and homeowner's insurance.
- Principal payment
- Total of principal paid per month on your mortgage.
- Tax savings
- The value of the tax deduction you receive on your mortgage's interest and home's property taxes. For example, if you have $900 in interest and $100 property taxes per month, the value of the tax deduction would be $280. (At a tax rate of 28%).
- Net house payment
- Your house payment minus the value of the tax deduction and principal payment.
- Net home price
- Net selling price of your home after subtracting any sales commissions.
- Monthly PI
- Monthly principal and interest payment.
- Monthly PMI
- Monthly cost of Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI). For loans secured with less than 20% down, PMI is estimated at 0.5% of your loan balance each year.
The mortgage calculators are provided by KJE Computer Solutions, LLC and made available to NUMBER1EXPERT as self-help tools for your independent use and are not intended to provide investment advice. We can't guarantee their applicability or accuracy in regards to your individual circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all personal finance issues.
About Appraisals >Working With A Real Estate Agent
It is not unusual for homeowners to yield to the temptation to try to sell their own home. It seems easy enough--just place an ad in the weekend paper and wait for buyers to show up. Although it may seem simple, real estate sales transactions are extremely complex proceedings.
The first pitfall can come with pricing your property realistically. Homeowners often price their property too high initially, then drastically slash the price when weeks go buy without an offer. Even if a prospective buyer agrees to the initial asking price, there could be complications if the buyers begin to feel that they have agreed to pay too much, or if the lender's appraisal values the property at far less than the agreed-upon price. Some clients hire agents to market their home professionally after weeks or months of trying to sell their own home without success, or after their FSBO transaction fell through.
1992 marked the first year since before the Civil War that there were fewer than 2 million ________ in the United States?
There are fewer than 2 million farms, and agricultural land is still being carved up for residential and commercial uses.
|See More Real Estate Trivia >
William "Chip" Steinmetz
101 East Maint st., Suite 103
Berryville, VA 22611
www.teamrootsandwings.com is brought to you by
Team Roots and Wings
NUMBER1EXPERT in real estate for
Winchester, Loudoun County and Clarke County, Virginia
Read Team Roots and Wings'
Terms of Service,
Free & Without Obligation Pledge
© Best Image Marketing and/or its clients.
All rights reserved. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.